Tuesday, September 2, 2008

girl gone wild

It's Tuesday after a very long Labor Day weekend and I'm in a completely crappy mood. This weekend was weird and disturbing. Part of me blames changes in the barometric pressure caused by hurricane Gustav, but the more rational part of me blames alcohol. Just to give you an idea of how strange the weekend was, not one day went by that MNB and I weren't propositioned to participate in menage a trois -- once by a self-proclaimed Nazi. (We declined.)

As I try to merge back into my workweek, this weekend seems to have had a "Tears of a Clown" sort of quality. I feel like my fellow Labor Day revelers and I worked too hard at having fun in an effort to distract ourselves from the fact that we're not really happy. And now, with my nose back to the grindstone, the pathetic attempt at hedonism has left me with a mild case of depression. I know, I'm being dramatic. It's the kind of day that makes me feel real hatred for every happy person I see. So, to protect the more contented members of the community, I'm on self-imposed house arrest throwing things at the TV every time an e-Harmony commercial comes on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

arggh....I hate those E-harmony commercials...because you know, I'm SURE everyone on that site looks like a model and is a rich artist who lives in NYC's East Village...lol ;-)

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com