Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Well, Jane, it just goes to show you...


The last two weeks have been one drama after another. I think most of my staff at work have confided some sort of earth shattering secret to me over the last several days. I know everyone's got something, but right now everyone seems to have something BIG. I was starting to feel like my insane ex, my financial disasters, and my new stalker (likely topic for a later blog) were a walk in the park compared to the things other people were dealing with. Then, last Thursday my doctor called. At 9:00 at night. He apparently didn't consider McCain's speech at the RNC must-see TV. I knew it couldn't be good news if my doctor was calling me at 9:00 at night. Some of what he said is definite, some is only potential. I'll know more after I go back in for another (painful?) test. I spent Friday in a daze, pretending to earn my salary. I spent this weekend being a completely self-indulgent infant, crying and drinking to excess. Finally, I think I've successfully added my health issues to the list of things I relegate to the back of my mind as I carry on with my life. To quote Rosanne Roseannadanna, it's always something.

1 comments:

China Pattern said...

I love Rosanne and quote her and Emily Littella often. Words to live by! Facing life with humor helps, IMO. I have done that through some of the darkest times in my life as a coping mechanism, and I do mean dark and painful. I will keep a good thought for you with whatever your doctor has in store.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com