Saturday, September 27, 2008

front row seats to the end of the world

I just got back from DC. I was making hill visits during this inopportune time of complete economic chaos. In every office the phones were ringing nonstop with concerned citizens on the line passing along their opinions to their congressional delegates. As always, the staffers were dutifully tallying the opinions of their constituents so that their bosses would know what their voters think. However, as much as I believe in democracy, I hope that the senators and representatives really don't intend to rely on the opinions of the uninformed masses to decide how to vote. How many of these callers are economic experts? I'm willing to bet, not many. When it comes to decisions as monumental as this one, I hope that these guys have the good sense to rely on the expertise of people who actually understand the nuances and intricacies of our modern economy. Hold on your wallets, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com