Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's all about me(me)

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole meme concept. I like the viral aspect, but in addition to having a weird name, they remind me of chain mail. There's not much I hate more than the irrational fear that because I didn't forward an e-mail to 20 friends I care about -- hell, I don't have 20 friends I care about! -- I'm susceptible to a potentially fatal streak of bad luck. That said, I'm a sucker for the meme's about music. The best 4 hours I remember having at work were spent completing an e-mail quiz that asked the reader to identify 20 songs from the 80's based on a couple lines of lyrics. So, it is in that spirit that I'm stealing another music-themed meme. This one I got from Sarah in the Suburbs. I totally don't expect you to read my answers. This is an exercise in narcissism.

If someone new were in your car, what song on your player would you be quickest to skip out of embarrassment? Any song by Weird Al (yeah, I've got more than one).

What song or songs is/are most “atypical” on your player? What Goes Around/Comes Around by (the unexplainably irresistable) Justin Timberlake.

What song(s) on your player turns you on? Closer by NIN

If you wanted to get a member of the opposite sex in the mood, what song would you program to come on when they are in the car? Depends on the guy. Most likely: See Previous.

What is the longest song on your player? That's a little tricky. I tried to sort by time, but I think the results are skewed by the strange affinity bands have for hidden tracks (I hate 'em). However, when I sort, Something In The Way by Nirvana comes in at just over 20 minutes.

What do you think is the silliest song on your player? Fresh Dog by MC Frontalot

What did you most recently add to your player? Just Like a Woman by Jeff Buckley

What did you most recently delete? I've got so much memory, I never delete.

What is your favorite song on your player that is from a movie? You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man by Loretta Lynn (Coal Miner's Daughter)

Is there a song on your player that is only there for someone else’s benefit? Tons. I have a whole playlist for my 3 year old. Her favorite is Put a Banana in Your Ear by Jason Steele (of the inexplicable youtube hit, Charlie the Unicorn)

What song or artist do you find yourself skipping most frequently and therefore should probably delete? Carrie Underwood - hands down.

What song would you least like to be playing when pulled over by law enforcement? It's Going to Be a Long Night, Ween (you gotta listen to the song) or maybe Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg

What song most makes you want to smash stuff (in a good or a bad way)? You Oughtta Know, Alanis Morissette

What song makes you want to throw a drunken arm around a friend’s shoulders and sing? I Want You to Want Me, Cheap Trick or Hotel California, the Eagles

What song would you be most mortified to be caught singing aloud? One Bad Apple by the Osmonds

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com