Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Head East

It's China Week on the Travel Channel & I'm digging it. Since I don't have a passport or any money I travel vicariously through the Travel Channel. My butt has been glued to the couch all week. I feel a little guilty that I'm not out actually doing anything, but I can't think of anything I could do around here that is more interesting than seeing China.

I've recently made a sort of resolution, which I am famously horrible at keeping. Regardless, I'm trying to reach out a little more to try to build up my network of friends since I lost virtually all of my friends either through my marriage or through my divorce. It's sort of an experiment to see whether if I'm consciously a little more open, I'll be more successful in establishing relationships. However, I guess bunkering up all week watching the Travel Channel isn't doing too much to that end.

1 comments:

China Pattern said...

Oh NOW you tell me about China week! LOL. We went to see the Terra Cotta Warrior display when it toured here a few years ago. I think the chanages in modern China from the China of my youth are absolutely fascinating. I would like to see some of those programs. When I am not watching sci-fi stuff, I am watching history, science and travel related programming.


A thought. ( I don't have them often so take note-LOL) As far as keeping your resolution, which I am horrible at keeping as well, why not take some baby steps here on the net. You can try visiting other blogs. I find that the "next blog" button is not as helpful when looking for people to meet. I used the links for common interests in my profile and just started looking around. From there, you can also look through the comments and find other blogs that way, too. I wonder if I have ever kept any resolutions? Hmmn...a subject for a blog!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com