Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Could you repeat that?

On the heels of a month of feeling distinctly loser-ish, I have to document an awesome moment. As I was walking out of Subway in my "house" clothes -- gym shorts & a tank top -- no make up, and without fixing my hair, a completely non-loser guy said as I walked by, "You are so beautiful." I swear, he didn't sound like he was being sarcastic. Granted, he could have been doing some social experiment or been acting on a dare, but I'm choosing to believe he was so swept away by my 40-year-old self that he couldn't help but proclaim his admiration.

Now, as I get ready to do the 40 minute drive to visit a male friend, who takes every opportunity to remind me that he has no interest in becoming more than a friend, I am feeling slightly less loser-ish. Thanks, dude.

1 comments:

China Pattern said...

That is a GREAT story! I have read that sometimes guys really do like to see us without all the make-up and in casual clothes sometimes. This gives me an idea for a blog entry. I think I will write someday about the difficulty of putting on make-up when one is over 50. You can't see to put it on without your glasses and you can't put it on with your glasses in place. LOL. I also wear my hair much to long for someone my age and I really don't care. Ha!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com